Prep: 30 min
Makes 12 bars
Coconut Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cup cashews
- 400 mL coconut cream
- 1/2 cup liquid sweetener (e.g. coconut nectar/brown rice syrup)
- 1/4 cup BioBalance Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp lecithin (optional)
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped OR 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup cacao butter, melted
- 1/2 cup BioBalance Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted, melted
- 6 tbsp liquid sweetener (e.g. coconut nectar/brown rice syrup)
- 1 cup BioBalance Certified Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract OR 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Large pinch sea salt
- Shredded coconut
Blend all ice cream ingredients, except the vanilla and desiccated coconut, in a high speed blender until super smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
Add the vanilla and desiccated coconut and blend on low to just combine (you want to retain the texture).
Pour into a lined baking tray and place in the freezer overnight to set.
The next day, blend all chocolate ingredients in a blender until smooth, then pour into a flat tray suitable for dipping.
Remove the ice creams, slice into 12 bars, then dip each bar in the chocolate with two forks, letting the excess chocolate drip off, then place on a lined tray. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
Remove the bars from the freezer, drizzle with remaining chocolate, then sprinkle with shredded coconut. Place back in the freezer for 1-2 hours to set completely.
Store in the freezer for up to a month in a well sealed container (after this they will start to get a little ‘freezer burn’).