- 3 Tbsp BioBalance Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp BioBalance Organic Coconut Sugar
- 8 pieces Crystallised ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Rolled oats (GF if needed)
- 1/2 cup Sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup Coconut (long thread or dessicated)
- 1/2 cup Spelt flour (or GF baking mix flour)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tbsp BioBalanceCertified Organic Maca Powder
- 1 cup dried dates (soaked in hot water for a couple of hours)
- 1 -1 1/2 Tbsp BioBalance Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp ground ginger
Grease and line a 20 x 20cm tin or a loaf tin if you would like a thicker base.
Prepare the dates for the icing.
Put first four ingredients into a small pot and gently melt on stove top.
Let it simmer a few minutes so the ginger flavour can infuse.
Put the remaining dry ingredients into a bowl.
Add melted ginger mix.
Using the back of a spoon spread and smooth out the mixture.
Cook at 180 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until golden on top.
When base is cool, drain water from dates and add all into a good blender.
Blend until smooth.
Spread on base and leave plain or sprinkle with nuts and/or chopped ginger.
Refrigerate until set.
* You can also substitute rolled oats for quinoa flakes, but add an extra tablespoon.
This recipe is courtesy of Melanie Tuscia of The Medicinal Kitchen.