Prep: 15 mins
Makes 10-12 Bars
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 Cup almonds
- 1/4 Cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp BioBalance Certified Organic Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 Tbsp BioBalance Certified Organic Spirulina Powder
- 1/2 Cup of almond butter (or natural peanut butter, cashew butter etc)
- 1/2 Cup of dates (firmly packed)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp BioBalance Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees and roast the cashew nuts and almonds for 10 minutes. This is optional and you can leave them raw if you prefer.
Soak the dates in boiling water for 5 minutes to soften. Pour into a sieve and drain out as much water as possible. This makes the dates easily blend into a smooth paste.
Place the cashew nuts, almonds, chia seeds, sea salt, and spirulina into a blender or food processor and blend into fine crumbs.
Add the almond butter, dates, vanilla extract and coconut oil and pulse until the mixture comes together.
Tip the mixture into a lined tray and press down firmly with a spoon.
Leave it to set in the freezer for 30-40 minutes until it is firm enough to slice.
Cut into 10-12 even bars and store in the fridge.